Monday, August 8, 2011

He Is My Strength

Since the anniversary of my husband's passing, I've felt like I am reliving the entire experience again. I'm feeling like it just happened yesterday!  Have I been in shock for a year?  I guess it's possible to be in some form of shock and still go about some of your day to day activities.


I found myself becoming sadder and sadder.  So I looked to the Lord for peace and guidance.  His word is so comforting to me.  As low as I felt, as sad as I was, as alone as I was, I knew that God would help me.  I remembered a verse that reminded me of that.


2 Corinthians 12:9  -  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


Then, as I surfed the web, tonight, I came across this wonderful hymn.  It's a newer hymn, but the words just touched my heart.  It was what I needed to hear.  It reaffirmed my belief in the sovereignty of God and how He works in my life.  It reminded me to call out to Him, especially in my time of need.



God's Power, My Weakness

Lord, help me please through daily life
To seek your perfect love.
You're sovereign over everything,
In earth and sky above.

Your love should fill my heart with praise,
With splendor, love and awe.
I need your strength, your help, your grace,
Your love, your might, your law.

I'm dead in sin without the grace
That you've bestowed on me.
For sinners you came down to die,
And by your love I'm free.

When life is through and judgment comes
By grace to heav'n I'll go.
The gates I'll enter overjoyed,
No death, no sin, no woe!

© Rachael Lewis

I hope some of this is encouraging to anyone who's having a hard time.  If you don't know Jesus and your personal Lord and Savior, message me and I'll help you get connected.  

Keep your chin up and keep your eyes focused on Jesus!

God bless you as you Love Your Life Again!




No comments:

Post a Comment